Friday, June 10, 2016

Things I Love: Easy DIY "Wax" Melts

I don't know about you but, between Google and Pinterest, I just don't know who/what to trust as a viable source of information for application in my life.  I mean, I've learned that I'm one pretty photo away from believing toothpicks make for a durable and ideal flooring solution (joking... but you get what I mean).  Remember the Things I Love posts about makeup dupes and Easter?  Well, I'm back and sharing some information about a topic that applies to everyone.


Few things are as nice as the smell of a clean home.  What's your 'clean home' scent?  I wish I could walk in and it smelled like laundry. I actually thought I wanted the scent of Gain in my home everyday all day.  I bought the air fresheners and the warmers and the detergent and... Islanders, for some reason Gain-scented air fresheners make me nauseous.   Like, gag.  It's too much.

Then, I met Gain's scent Moonlight Breeze.  It is an awesome scent that isn't too floral-y or too fruity or too detergent-y.  It's great and I needed it in my home.  While I could've purchased some store-bought air fresheners, I wanted the exact scent I fell in love with so, I found a way to incorporate the original product into my home!


I purchased Gain Fireworks for my laundry and quickly realized that I loved how the house smelled whenever I had a load in the wash... uh, hello!  Did you catch that?  I had a load in the wash!  I mean, anything that motivates me to do laundry must be pretty amazing.  Can I get an amen?

Maybe it was my subconscious' ability to self-sabotage my every attempt to become a laundry lovin' diva OR maybe it was my inner frugalista's ability to hack expenses without compromising on quality BUT, whatever the case, I dumped some of that smell good in that wax burner and it was amazing!

Here's what you need:

- Decorative Wax Warmer (they're sold in the candle section of most stores with cords or votive candles required).
- Laundry Scent Boosting Beads (of your choice)
- Tablespoon for measuring

Here's what you do:

1.  Use table spoon to lace 1-3 scoops of the beads onto the warming plate of the warmer.  Be careful to place the beads as close to the center as possible.

2.  Turn on your warmer (or light your votive)

3.  Enjoy the yummy scent!

** remember to turn your warmer off or blow out candles when you are not home**

It doesn't take a lot and it has an amazing impact on the fresh scent in your home!  OMG! Be sure to let me know if you try the easiest DIY wax melts!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.