Friday, August 21, 2015

Munch's Paris Bedroom - The Reveal.

Howdy, Islanders!

A few of you sent messages about Munch's bedroom after seeing the birthday gifts on her bed.


As you can see, we have made a lot of progress in the space.  As a matter of fact, we're at a stopping point in this space.  There are a few things left to do and we will talk about that soon but, for now, I introduce Munch's Paris-themed big girl room.


Since these photos were taken, we've changed the bedding to be exactly what we want.  It's a ruffle bedding set from Target.  I was searching high and low for black and white ruffled bedding. I was shocked to find exactly what I want on target.com!


At my time of purchase, there was a major sale on home items going on.  We had a gift card and I used my Target Red [debit] card for 5% off AND free shipping! I paid less than $15 for the bedding and I couldn't be more happy about it.  The bedding in the following photos is also from Target and costs $29.99 (it's in the dorm room collections).  It worked but it wasn't what we wanted.


In the above photo, you can see where my thrifty mirror hangs behind an antique storage chair (covered with a blanket until I can reupholster and paint it):


I am really pleased with the closet area; I used ONLY thrifty finds to pull it together!


We will talk more about the thrifty finds soon! I love how everything came together.


We will also talk about the other areas and easy DIY projects in the space.  I'm just giddy with how it turned out!  Pulling this space together allowed me to craft and to channel my party planner energy on other Paris-themed projects for Munchface.  I can't wait to talk details and share more pretty pictures soon!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.