Friday, November 17, 2017

Minnie Favor Bag Ideas and A FREE Printable!

Last week's Wordless Wednesday post was a sneak peek into the fabulous first birthday party hosted for god baby 'Lani.


I know.  I had to face reality  Yes, time flew by.  Yes, she is adorable.  And, the worst part, yes.  She is one whole year old.  You may recall the baby shower. 


I was event support.  I took a backseat and awaited assignments to complete for the shower... I was in a total 'however I can be of assistance is fine with me' state of mind.  You can read more about it here


Well, after a year of growing and loving and learning my sweet god baby, I knew I had to do something to help.  I also knew I couldn't wait for direction.  I asked what Mrs.  Lucy had in mind for favor bags.  She had a vision of polka dots and ears.  So, I got to work.  I know Mrs. Lucy is all about the details and the bling so, I was determined to meet and exceed her expectations.  Here's what I came up with:


I used black paper bags from Michael's as the base.  I found a roll of the paper on sale (I was just there and they have rolls of paper in pink and green on sale... and I moved 900 miles away from where I purchased it).  You could totally use any paper or wrapping paper.


I traced the bag and cut a square to fit the front of the bag.  I glued it down and lined the top of the square with pearls.  Next came the ears!  I used my 2-inch paper punch to create ears for the bags.  I glued them to the top corners before embellishing the bags with the tags and small bows.
  

I love how the bags turned out; they were a party feature item!  They were like sending a piece of the party details home with each of the guests.


The tags were awesome too.  Check them out:


Guess what? There's a bonus! I made some for you too!  Simply print the collage of tags as a 4x6 photo.  That's 6 tags for next-to-nothing!


Before I got started, I knew favors would help and were important.  We filled the cute bags with crayons, coloring books (Disney coloring books are at Dollar Tree), and these custom cookies made with her name:


Aren't they adorable?!  I love how the favor bags helped to tie everything together.  The best part?  Mrs. Lucy was pleased with the results and allowed me to help in other ways.  I've got party deets coming soon!  For now, let's enjoy the easy and fabulous favor bags :)

We've got ears, say cheers!  



Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.