Thursday, January 4, 2018

DIY Brush Tree Frame Tutorial

Howdy and happy 2018!


I am still on a holiday high.  Our Christmas was awesome.  We enjoyed time with family, time with our friends and some time together as a family.  We set up a beautiful impromptu tree at the parents' home.


It was last-minute and totally unplanned but it was also really nice.  We returned home after the new year to a home that was frozen in Christmas time.  It smelled so good.  The tree looked so perfect and so perfectly frozen in time.  The stockings were still hung... stuffed and ready for us to enjoy the contents.

Then, it hit me.

I wasn't ready for Christmas to end.

I just -- I wasn't ready.  

I took photos at our family Christmas Eve celebration.  I can't wait to look back and smile... to print my fave and to place it in a frame for prominent display next year.  My goal is to keep the cheer of this season all year long.  I am starting to take down the Christmas decor and I removed a piece from the wall that I loved.  It reminded me of a tutorial I wanted to share.  I can't believe I almost forgot to share a fabulous and EASY frame idea PERFECT for the entire winter season!


DIY Brush Tree Frame Tutorial


Supplies

- 3 small brush trees
- Rustic photo frame
- Hot glue

Step-by-steps

1. Remove the glass and backing from the frame.

2.  Wipe the ledge of the frame.

3.  Glue the brush trees into place.  I like the look the three varied sizes in the center of the frame.

4.  Replace the frame and hang!

I purchased this beautiful rustic frame from my local Goodwill Outlet.  It was around $.48 for the frame. I loved the price but, with all of its character, I knew it was of good quality.  I was surprised when I flipped it over and saw the original price from Hobby Lobby.


$34.99?!  That's crazy!  On the same trip, I visited the Goodwill Retail store where I got a great deal on a bag of brush trees ($1.18).  Do you remember the trees I used on the ledge with our stockings?


Well, I used three of those trees to add texture and character to the frame; they helped create the perfect rustic look.


How awesome would this frame look with a photo for all of the cooler months.  Hello?!  A bright white mat and a photo for Thanksgiving, a different one from Christmas and/or New Year's Eve, Valentine's day, etc.


This frame is the perfect addition to my decor and the perfect way to enjoy the holiday season even AFTER Christmas.

Stay tuned for how I'll jazz it up in the near future... 



Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.