Friday, January 18, 2013

Made In Paris - The Food

I've always been a fan of individual servings... I love how they look and how they make it easy to account for every guest.  For the Made In Paris buffet, I wanted to have tasty food without compromising the pretty presentation.  I wanted pieces of France to be evident but knew French cuisine isn't a crowd pleaser...  Also, because this was a co-ed shower, I needed food to sustain manly appetites but still look cute.

Keep in mind, the shower was scheduled for 11:30 a.m.  With set-up the night before and an early scheduled start time, I knew I wouldn't have time to COOK and BAKE things myself.  As a result, I found ways to make it easier on me and here's what I came up with:


Menu.

Mini Meatball Subs (recipe coming soon!).

Chicken Salad with Panera Bread(Sheena's fave)
Mini baking cups held pretzels.

Mini Yogurt Parfaits

Individual servings of veggies (just add the dressing to the bottom of the cup and slice your veggies) for an easy-to-carry treat!

Decor.



Would you believe I stuck one of mom's large Eiffel towers on top of a chip bowl that I covered with a tutu to get the look in the above photo? Always works!

I slid mini pancakes, fresh strawberries, grapes and bananas onto a kabob then sprinkled with powdered sugar and chocolate syrup to create the perfect brunch menu item!

I used the above picture holders for menu cards - they came in packs of multiple holders and were a fraction of the cost as the holders at Michael's.  



I also used picture frames (that I filled with scrapbook paper and stickers) to unify the space and to make a subtle BABY shower statement.

The Recap.

  White serveware allowed the food to pop and really gave a clean presentation.  Quality decor items and fluffy half poms made this large wall and table fabulous without the nonsense of cheesy decor.  Aside from those items, the food itself, in mini portions, was cute and filling!



I can't wait to share the next tutorial with you.  The centerpieces really made a statement!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.