Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Semi-Homemade Halloween Costume

Munch wanted to be an angel for Halloween.  You read correctly - I said ANGEL.  She decided on an angel for the sole purpose of having long flowing hair and sparkle makeup.

I agreed but after a few costume discussions, I quickly realized that we were never going to agree on her white angel dress.

On one of my recent trips to the Village Thrift Store, I saw a dance costume hanging in the Halloween section.  It was $4.90 and both Munch and I loved it.  She tried it on and we were sold.  She was going to be a CLOWN for Halloween.

I headed to Party City for additional supplies.  We splurged on some Hello Kitty leg warmers and a Strawberry Shortcake wig.  The other items (face paint, cute pink nose and squirting flower) were only a buck or two each.

We were ready for Halloween!




She loved it!


We've never had neighbors get this into Halloween.  Many had costumes, a few had dramatic performances for each piece of candy and one (the tacky house I mentioned here) had a prize if you were brave enough to enter their foyer and push buttons on their sing-along toys.
 

We headed to Sherry's home for trick-or-treating.  The husbands took a large crowd of the neighborhood kids around while the ladies hung out passed out candy.  Munch has never had a Halloween like this and she really LOVES spending time with her friends.





Did you see that candy buttons costume?  Yes, Sherry made that fabulous frock for her daughter.  Doesn't it look awesome?! 

Earlier that day for school we re-purposed a women's shirt to become a tunic and spider rings to become hair sparkle.



How was your Halloween?  Ours was festive and full of candy :)

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.