Friday, March 15, 2013

Craft Vault - An Easy Photo Backdrop

Happy Friday, Islanders!

I'm working on a bridal shower for a dear friend and, while scrolling through my photo files, I stumbled upon some crafts I've done but haven't shared.

In honor of Frugal Friday, I'd like to share a quick and affordable photo backdrop tutorial.

The Polka Dot Backdrop

Supplies

- Banner paper (at Walmart for $7)
- Acrylic Paint in event-coordinating colors
- 20 oz bottle tops (or round sponge brushes)
- paper plates

Steps

1.  Roll your paper out in the desired length.  I used about 25 feet (then cut it in 5-foot increments before hanging).

2.  Pour paint onto paper plates.


3.  Use the bottle caps to create dots.  To vary the size of the dots, move your hand in a circular motion and slowly expand the size of your circles.  


4.  Repeat with all colors


5.  Allow 30 minutes to dry.  Then cut into 4-5 ft. long strips and hang on the wall.


6.  Enjoy!



To see more from Sheena's About to Pop shower, visit her blog.

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. This is such a creative idea, I love the color choice.

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Minnie Mouse First Birthday Party

Islanders, the day had finally come to celebrate my sweet god baby turning one.  Hosted from Melina's parents' home, the party was b...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.