Friday, July 24, 2015

A Frugal, Fabulous, Flashback Project

Happy frugal Friday, Islanders!

In March, I shared the craft table project (here).  Remember how we (Munch and I) painted it white?


I don't think I shared the paint project I finished the same day we painted the craft table.  Yep, we were crossing projects off the craft room list.



Mom and I saw this chair outside of a Goodwill on one of our shopping trips.  Mom insisted the $6.99 price tag should not prevent me from  buying it.  Of course, I was expecting a gift from the thrifty gods in the form of a $1 price tag.  Not so lucky BUT $7 isn't bad, right?


I saw beyond the scraped wood, the minor damage and the dents...


... and we got it.  I had it for a year... sitting in the craft room... incomplete and waiting to be made pretty.


First things first, I unscrewed the seat and back from the frame.  I placed the screws in a paper shopping bag for painting.  I sprayed them gold and used the same paint (it eliminated the need for sanding furniture) to finish the chair.  It took 4 coats of white paint to get the coverage I wanted.  It only took a few quick sprays of gold spray paint on the screws.


I carefully put the chair back together (didn't want to chip my freshly painted gold screws!!) and I enjoyed the beauty!


I'm debating whether I should paint the base gold too but, at the time, it didn't bother me.


For now, I'm celebrating a flashback and frugal Friday in one.  Consider it a BOGO deal :)

Happy frugal, flashback and FABULOUS Friday!

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. $7 is good, yes! Great find! AND I see you have a white table where you can take pics of all your flowers & coffee mugs & cookies against a beautiful white back drop for IG! I have seriously been telling Z that we need to get a white desk for our bedroom, secretly, just wanting to be able to take fancy photos on it. :) The chair & table look great! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I love the white table (I just bought a cheap one and painted it but yes, you should totally get a white backdrop... and call it a work space!!!

    ReplyDelete

Minnie Mouse First Birthday Party

Islanders, the day had finally come to celebrate my sweet god baby turning one.  Hosted from Melina's parents' home, the party was a...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.