Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bows in 1-2-3.

I consider myself to be a bow fanatic so much so that I hosted a bow party for Munchface's 5th birthday party...  As much I love bows (and I truly do), I can never allow myself to pay the ridiculous amounts of money for them.  So, I started making them.  Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the originality and glue gun burns love that goes into each handmade tot topper but I'm always looking for ways to make the cheap CHEAPER and the easy EASIER;) 


With that said, check out my latest shortcut cuties:





During my weekly visit to Michael's, I found some adorable high quality stickers and embellishments in the clearance aisle. I hope my hubby is reading this as proof that it SAVES and it PAYS to go back to stores often ;)  Anyways, I fell in love with them and threw them in my basket confident they would be useful.  OMG, are you ready for the easiest tutorial ever?

1. Remove adhesive backing from the embellishment. 
2. Cover clippie with ribbon (I prefer to only cover the top leaving the bottom uncovered so it glides under the hair and stays securely in place (nothing worse than losing adorable bows).
3. Hot glue embellishment to clippie.

This works for pins, bobby pins, clothespins, picture frames, clips and can be sewn on to anything... the possibilities are endless! O and each one usually comes in packs of 2 or 4 so you have plenty of options!

I think of bows as cherries to top off an adorable outfit... One of the things that make having a little girl even more awesome! Plus, being a good mommy is remembering to share valuable tips.  What mommy tips do you have?

I'm linking up to: http://homestoriesatoz.com/

I wish I could figure out the whole fancy button thing again but it's giving me fits; sorry, Beth!


Photobucket

1 comment

  1. Hi Tabby! I am working on you button for the big 31 Days! Just email me mctrovato@hotmail.com so I can send it to you tomorrow.

    Love your blog, BTW!!

    xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.