Friday, April 12, 2013

Fabu-LASH

Hi, Islanders!
It's Friday and I'm so excited to have a few days to get the new house in order before I head out of town.  O, don't worry.  I've scheduled blog posts so the island won't miss a beat!
I almost forgot what it feels like to move!  As if my regular life wasn't enough to fill my days, unpacking seems to take over my LIFE!! I can't wait until I feel settled because I'm way overdue for some girl time. 

A few weeks back, my boo, Renee, came into town.  She made some sightseeing plans and requested that all of the girls come together to play catch-up.
On the outside, Renee is fabulous.  Like, seriously.  She's one of those people you see and think, "where is she going?!"  



I've learned fashion is Renee's truest form of expression.   She wears sparkles at all times simply because they make her feel good.  Yo, if Renee showed up to my house in a ball gown with a tiara, I wouldn't even blink.  Rather, I would know she felt like a million bucks.  She's contagious.  When I answer the phone and hear her squeal, "Ahhhhh, TABITHA!!!!" I know it's going to be a FUN conversation.
What I love most is that Renee is one of the most genuine people I have EVER met.  One who asks how you're doing and waits for you to answer.  She's the type of person who never judges, who still sends care packages to her friends and who always wishes the best.  For *like* everyone.

Did I mention she reads my blog?  Yea, she's awesome.
...
 
Anyhoo,  when the girls get together, it's a guaranteed good time - there's singing, pop culture, wine, guy gossip, dancing to our old jams and much MUCH more.  Joy hosted the party at her adorable apartment and she threw DOWN in the kitchen.  We each went around the room giving our life update. 

Did you see what Renee wore (far left)? Imagine over-the-top stilettos, with that fabulous outfit.  So extra for no reason... I love it.

Dani - was preparing to turn 30 in Miami at the time. She had some great news about her upcoming projects (I have a post for her coming soon).  She looked so cool in her striped dress and purple tights.  She kept us laughing all night.
Tammy - adjusting to married life and her new house just fine.  Work work work...  Busy busy busy... When she's not working, volunteering with her sorority or DIY-ing and decorating her fab house, APPARENTLY, she's Mrs. BETTY frikkin' CROCKER.  My kinda gal :)
J.Lo -


Studying French, traveling the world, growing big curly natural hair, loving on her sweet mama, establishing her brand and building buzz around the launch of her next project...  She bought her big girl fancy camera and was the photographer on deck for the night :) O and I have a post for her coming soon too :)
Joy - starting her own fitness business, enjoying her newest hobby of teaching zumba (we saw her first routine and, let's just say, my thighs burned from the zumba butt shake).  She's the Jane of all trades (I didn't believe she colored her own hair because it looks that amazing).  She had a full spread and was a gracious host.  It's nice to show up somewhere and not have anything to do.  Thanks, Joy!
Renee



She was the woman of the hour announcing her desire to pursue a hobby:  

 
... in makeup!
 
She's decided to use her gift of glam to enhance the natural beauty of women.  She wants to make others look as good on the outside as they feel on the inside.  Sweet, right?!  We were all proud to support!
 
Her first victim of the night?
 
"Tabby, you know I read your blog.  I saw your bucket list.   Now, before you go trying lash extensions, you need to make sure you even like the look.  When I come up there, I would love to put some lashes on you..."
This was the start of our conversation the week before Renee came into town.  We talked about all things makeup and she was so excited that I got excited, lol.

ANYHOO...

Somewhere between her updating us on her life, I got my makeup done.



Can you see my side eye in the pic above? I kept having to remind her to do my makeup because her life update was slowing up progress!

So, what do you think?




I called Hubbs and told him to get ready to love on another woman, lol.



When I got home, I ran downstairs covering my face.  I did the big reveal and the man was freaked out.  It was funny because he actually told me, when I was mid-sentence, to stop blinking at him.

Ah, well. My lash extensions won't be THAT bold but the trial was totally worth it! Anytime I get sparkles glued to my lids along with lashes that touch my eyebrows is a GOOD TIME!!
...

It's exciting to be around women who are supportive of each other, who love each other and who ALL have so many positive things happening in their life.
I can't wait to have more time with my friends... I just need to get my house in a little more order.  Check me out with my FABU-LASH eyeballs, lol:  

Have you tried something new recently?

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.