Friday, May 10, 2013

Matters of My Heart.

 

This past Tuesday, my life was interrupted.

 

I received a phone call from Patient First that my mommy:

 
 
 ... was rushed to the hospital.
 
That's about all the information they could give.
 
I needed more.
 
Which hospital? 
 
What happened?
 
Who was there with her?
 
Panic.  My lack of knowledge sent my mind into a whirlwind of questions and worry.  It all came to a head when I finally heard her voice.  I just sobbed and fussed that I was "WORRIED SICK ABOUT [HER] AND COULDN'T FIND [HER] AND DIDN'T KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON AND--"
 
 
"Aww, Tabby.  I'm okay."
 
 
The past few days have been scary.
 
We kept our spirits high.  We prayed.  Shoot, I sounded the alarm to our church family and other prayer warriors to do the same.  
 
Islanders, I am happy to report that my mom is home.
 
Yep, home.
 
...With her pups, her comfortable arm chairs, her junky closet, Dad (her personal chef and fussy doctor)...
 
Yep, she's home and just in time for Mother's Day.
 
Home
 
My mommy gave me the best Mother's Day gift ever. 
 
She survived.  We survived.
 
Reminder: this Sunday, May 12, is Mother's Day. 
 
Can I make some special requests?
 
If you pray, when you pray, can you send one up for my sweet mommy's heart?  Also, can you join me in praying for those who do not have the opportunity to shower their mom with love this holiday?
 
You can?!
 
Consider the uncertainty of tomorrow reason enough to disconnect your electronics to reconnect with the people who matter most!
 
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. So glad she is home and doing well! Happy Mother's day to her and you Tabby!

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.