Thursday, September 24, 2015

Recipe: Easy Salmon Kabobs

I've mentioned how back in Munch's younger days, she and I shared Mommy-n-Me Mondays.  On this day, we would bake or craft or play or whatever we wanted.  As she got older, we slowly moved away from our weekly activities.  Every now and then, when schoolwork is all caught up, we will spend an evening having fun!

On a recent night, Munchface asked to help with dinner. I planned to make salmon but, with her offer to help, I had to jazz up the recipe.


So, the salmon kabob was made :)
Ingredients
- Salmon
- Lemon (thinly sliced)
- Bell Pepper (color of your choice)
- Onion (of your choice)

Step-by-Steps
1. Cut the salmon, pepper and onion in medium chunks (to ensure it slides on the kabob without breaking)

2. Season your salmon to taste.  Munch used Old Bay and black pepper before squeezing a little lemon juice over the salmon:


I don't like to overly season seafood because we prefer the fresh flavors.  Munch told me to get a picture because she did such a good job seasoning:


3.  Slide the ingredients on the kabobs.

4.  Grill for 2-4 minutes on each side.


It only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!  My only recommendation is that you start to cook the sides beforehand.  I served our kabobs with sweet potatoes and a salad but we had to wait a few minutes until our sweet potatoes were ready... seemed like the longest minutes of my life, lol.  

Oh, and guess what.  These babies are filling!  I'm talkin' Hubbs was full after only two KABOBS!  He took the other two to work for lunch the next day and called to inform me that they were still delish :)


If you're looking for a filling remix to how you prepare your salmon, try this recipe!

Enjoy!

Photobucket


Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.