Saturday, November 21, 2015

Dollar Tree Lashes - A Product Review.

During the month of October, I blogged everyday about a fabulous find from Dollar Tree.  I have so many items I tried and purchased and LOVE that I didn't get to share.  During a trip with Munchface and her bestie, Jada, I saw fake eyelashes.  I know what you're thinking and you're right. I'm not a makeup-y kind of girl but I love the look on other people.



Anyhoo, I got a pack.  It came with the glue and everything.  I know. Who do I think I am?  So, to deflect from the fact that I really wanted to try them - because, well, who do I think I am? - I asked the girls if they wanted to put them on me.  They agreed and I explained the process:

1. Apply the glue wait a few seconds to ensure it was tacky to actually stick 
2. Place the lashes from the inside of my lash line (closest to my nose) out
3. Be sure to place them as close to the lid as possible.

To show you the results, I am going to share the [unedited] photos.


You see the face, I was doubtful; I didn't think $1 lashes would look cute. I'd have to say, however...


UH, am I kinda diggin' them?  Kudos to the girls for the great application.  In the above photo, you can see where the end that was closest to my inner lash line was lifting slightly.  I could've removed the lash and reapplied the glue or lined my lids but... eh, this was just for fun.  OMG!  My kid came in the room as I was obsessing over my lashes and told me I looked like the pretty lady on my tee.  That 'pretty lady' is Billie Holiday.


 Kid, she's epic and one of my favorite artists of all time.  I struck a pose so you could see our resemblance.


You don't see it?  Whatever!  So, I pretty much LOVE these lashes:



They were great to play around the house in!  I felt so glamorous and forgot they were on my eye.  I think I might wear some on special occasions like the upcoming holidays.  They're a great way to spruce up an outfit and add some instant glam!  For less than a buck, how could I resist?!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.