Friday, November 6, 2015

Maseface's Monthday - 1.

We've concluded the Dollar Tree series and I'm glad you stuck with me the entire month.  It wasn't easy to focus on one topic but it was a lot of fun to share the awesome Dollar Tree finds.  Although the island revolved around thrifty finds for 31 days in a row, life kept spinning on its axis at warp speed!

This week's Wordless Wednesday post was a cake design for a client awhile back.  It was perfect for the October birthdays - my brothers' (both of them), my mom and a mini birthday for my nephew, Maseface.

YES, MASEFACE!

Would you believe my nephew, Maseface, celebrated his first monthday TWO WHOLE WEEKS AGO?


Seriously, I can't make this stuff up.  The boy is one month old already! I happened to be visiting on his monthday and decided to bring along a few things I'd take some pictures to mark this milestone.  Can you see the chevron backdrop?  Well, it's the one I purchased to hang behind the sweets table at the Surprise Safari Baby Shower.  Remember how I forgot it at home and had to use a back-up plan?  Well, it is too cute NOT to be put to use and it cost too much NOT to get my money's worth.


Ryan had a sticker tie for Maseface to wear but he wasn't a fan of it so I ran to his nursery and grabbed his buddy, Giraffe.


You can see him squirming in the photo above.  The boy was not having it but don't worry, he was better when we took the sticker off.  Here's our official first monthday photo:


My brother is very serious about ensuring Maseface's hair is brushed.  Perfectly.  At all times.  Well, he was at work so we broke all of his rules.  I didn't comb his hair:


I put several silly hats on his head:


I laid the baby in a tray on the floor.


What in the world was I thinking?  I even left the baby unattended on a bench.



Bad auntie, right?!  Whatever.  It was a great day with my PLUMPkin!


The photos were so much fun for Ryan and me that we've decided to have a photoshoot every month.  We'll use the same backdrop for his milestone photo to track his growth.  We also have some cool ideas for holidays so stay tuned for periodic cuteness overload!  

Happy first monthday, Maseface! 


Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.