Friday, July 29, 2016

Defying The Odds: An Interview with Batina Brown

In my role as a Staff Writer for Everything Girls Love, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Batina Brown.

She is a delight!  Here's an excerpt from our conversation:


"I want my legacy to be one that defies all odds.  I want to prove society’s stereotypes of people who come from places like I come from or look how I look all wrong.  I want my legacy to show that black love does exist; my husband and I have been together since we were 16 years old.  Remember how we had grandmothers to look up to as kids?  I want to bring that back for my daughters.  I want them to have me to look at for the reminder that black love exists, that black marriage works, that black men and women are educated, that black businesses are successful, that black people give back to their community.  I started a women empowerment group.  Illustrious Women is an educational outlet   for current and aspiring entrepreneurs who want to be well-known, respected and admired for their achievements.  I want to leave a legacy for people to remember that I was a strong woman, and a great wife who was driven.  A woman who, no matter the obstacles before her, made it over, through and beyond any challenge.  Someone who used her life as a way to inspire, motivate and help women become their best selves." ~ Batina Brown

Check out my conversation with a fabulous woman who is doing so much for her family and her community!  CLICK HERE FOR MORE.


Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.