Saturday, December 15, 2012

Retro Party - The Planning.

Mom: "I want people to wear their favorite 50s, 60s or 70s attire... Yaknow, make it a party!"

Me: "Which era do you mean? 50s since you're turning 50. 60s since you were born in the 60s.  OR 70s since you partied in the 70s?"

Mom: "No, I said what I meant. I want them all."

*eye roll*

This was our typical exchange during the early stages of planning my mommy's birthday...  We debated, for several weeks, about the theme.  I envisioned an event fit for a diva... Her first real birthday party...  NO WAY was I having some hodge-podge of costumes with a mixture of music and foolishness.  She saw a come-as-you-want event with people having fun and she didn't really care about colors.

Dilemma:  tailoring her vision to make it a fun event while meeting her theme/concept requirement.  I just didn't want to say, "it's a 50s, 60s and 70s costume party!"  Bleh... Makes me think of disco music mixed with Motown and swing dance... I get nauseous at the thought and it all sounds a mess. PLUS, most of us love the chorus or catchy parts of old school songs but can't party an entire night.

I thought LONG and HARD about it.  Then, the theme hit me. 

A RETRO PARTY

Venue:  Quantico Officer's Club
Date: October 19, 2012
# of Guests: 75
Theme: Retro Party

Whew! Party problem #1 SOLVED!  Stay tuned for more fun details of the party.  We had a blast!

Yes, I'm going back to October... I'm going to interrupt the holiday posts to catch-up... Stay with me :)

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.