Welcome to another edition of Thrifty Thursdays!
With limited time to plan the Mrs.-to-Be Masquerade Bridal Shower, I needed to make my purchases count.
I headed to Michael's with the hopes of purchasing a few boas for crafts.
Does that price tag say close to $15 each??
UH-UH. NO WAY. NO HOW.
I mean, I would if I had to but I wanted to check a few other sources.
eBay to the rescue! I ordered 3 ombre boas for, get this, $3/each!! They were thick and beautiful and of a VERY high quality and, did I mention, ONLY $3?!
Clearly, Munch loved them!
I used these boas to unify the décor in the space. How you ask?
1. I covered a few Styrofoam balls and hung them in the chandelier above the gift table (you can see one at the bottom of the chandelier in the following pic):
2. I wrapped the base of my cake stand (the stand has polka dots that did not match the décor):
3. I covered the base of the guest book stand :
4. I created a feather monogram (tutorial coming soon):
5. I incorporated them into floral arrangements as filler (tutorial coming soon):
I even reused a boa in the photo booth at the reception. It was pretty much the craft supply that just kept on giving!
Who would've thought I'd pay 1/3 of the price, get triple the amount with a better quality SIMPLY by ordering online?
Sounds like reason enough to do a Thrifty Thursday celebration dance :)
Have you found any good deals lately?