Friday, November 14, 2014

Frugal Friday: Flowers on the Cheap

Mrs. L., a recent client, stalked my Instagram account (which I love) and saw photos of a former client who incorporated traditional African elements into her beautiful day.








Mrs. L. informed me that her brother was hosting a reception and, at the last minute, the florist canceled.  Shocking, I know!  Islanders, it happens.  Anyhoo, she needed emergency help with the reception centerpieces.  Mrs. L. was paying for the flowers (pending refund from the previous vendor) as a gift to her brother.  The only guidance she provided was the budget of $100 and that the flowers should coordinate with the colors of the bright fabrics of the groom's family's attire:


I got the request three days before the wedding so I didn't have time to go to the wholesale floral supplier; I had to use local resources.  Plus, this is business, the time the drive would require wouldn't fit into the budget.  I was confident I could make it work.

Well, here's what I came up with:


Aren't they beautiful?  Would you believe I got the vases from the Dollar Tree and the flowers from the grocery store?

My client was MORE than pleased and the flowers were perfect for the event!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island 2010-2012. All rights reserved