Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 Home Goals


I finally got around to uploading our NYE party photos...

...WHICH got me to thinking about our resolutions... First, I am keeping my personal resolutions pretty simple (blog more often, eat breakfast everyday, make more time for NO CELL moments, etc.).  My 2 major resolutions are:

To keep my purse clean.

 
I'm sure it's not impossible. I'm just good at putting a  lot of things into that small space (and even my not-so-small spaces).  It's a talent and I really need to do better.  I can't keep having my personals flying out when I reach for my wallet!

To keep my car clean. 

I drive a crumb mobile and, as SOON as I clean my car, something disastrous happens (like the hot chocolate and chip explosions that BOTH occurred the day after I got my car cleaned)!  2012 is my year to actually fit other people inside. 
In addition to my goals, every year Hubbs and I come up with family goals.  This year, we're focusing on our HOME.  We've decided to pay off most of our debt within the next 2 years.  We're also re-financing our home (think about it, less debt and cheaper mortgage payments means we could DOUBLE UP on payments to pay off the townhouse in NO time). Before we can re-finance, we'll have our home appraised.  To increase our home's value HUBBS we're finally getting around to making some major changes in the home. 

ENTER THE NESTER'S ANNUAL HOME GOALS post. {Queue the angels singing!}

LINKY PARTY!

I'm excited to report that our little family is making big strides in the home department this year!  Here's our checklist:

Front Yard

Porch: Replace banisters. Paint steps.
House: Power wash.  Re-paint front door. Paint shutters/trim.
Yard:  Remove the other ever green from bottom of the porch. Replace wooden "dividers" with stacked white stone. Update entry way foliage. Get some grass (lol, seriously).

Foyer

Replace flooring with tile (closet, entryway and powder room). Change artwork in entry way.  DIY home organization (wainscoting with hooks?).

Powder Room

Touch-up trim work. Change mirror(?).

Living Room

Re-paint (entire room v. just touch-ups and over red stripe).  Remove TV from inside wall/frame to create a sitting room (maybe). New rug (neutral/tan [zebra] print). Replace curtains (maybe no curtains and purchase new blinds?).

Dining Room

Re-paint. Hang photo collage. Treatment on wall that faces balcony. Replace curtains

Kitchen

Replace floor. Granite (finally-eeeeek!). Paint/update cabinets (DIY?). Repaint.  Replace Refrigerator. Replace stove hood. Replace fluorescent light.  Install under-cabinet lighting. Purchase mop/broom organizer.

Balcony

Clean! Remove grill. Purchase a bistro table set(for 2).

Stairs

Remove carpet. Paint stairs. Replace light fixture.

Guest Room

Repaint (with nursery in mind).  Purchase headboard.  Purchase/DIY Curtains.

Munchface's Room

Purchase big girl bed.  Repaint. Update curtains/bedding.  Design closet.

Hall Bathroom

Touch-up paints.  Fix towel wall.  Replace flooring. Add hardware to cabinet.  Frame mirror (maybe).

Master Bedroom

Repaint.  Purchase Queen Size bed (sell king bed).  Purchase new bedding. Purchase bedside tables.  Re-organize closet.  Purchase unique armoire.  Update artwork.  Make new curtains.  Print/hang Wedding pictures in entry. Remove closet door (we never close it and it blocks the space behind it; Hubbs doesn't agree but WHATEVER).

Master Bath

Replace standing shower.  Replace flooring.  Update cabinet (DIY?)

Basement

Replace carpet.  Repaint ceiling. Repaint walls (MAYBE - light gray color?).

Backyard

 Replace damaged patio bricks. Get some grass(lol). Purchase new cover for hot tub.

>end<
So, YEP! We'll be busy this year which will mean more posts, tips, tricks and trip-ups along the way! I hope you'll stay tuned because we're DEFINITELY beautify-ing our little bungalow here on the island :)

What are YOUR plans for the year? Do you have any home resolutions?

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.