Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Wrap-Up 2013

Our Christmas trees are still lit, I'm still listening to the Christmas music and, because I'm still trying to savor the season, let's re-cap how our family Christmas 2013 played out.

We've already discussed the plan for the day and how I spent days prepping (cleaning, decorating, wrapping up small projects and shopping).  Well, Christmas Eve was here and I was about as ready as I would get.  The trees were up, the garland was hung, the presents were almost all wrapped and we were headed to the Christmas service at church.

Our family was requested to read at the Christmas Eve service and, get this, Munchface read the last paragraph.  She did an awesome job :)  After our great time with church family, we picked up a pizza and headed home to receive our guests.

Pizza, wine, hugs and kisses…  The noise of family filled our home.  While my parents unloaded, Hubbs, Munch and I baked our cookies for Santa.

Ninja cookies, of course.



We ate, baked, joked then got ready for bed.  Hubbs set-up the cookies and tucked Munch into bed.

  Once she was all tucked in, Hubbs came downstairs and ran, as fast as he could, around the family room.   Everyone watched at a total loss for what he was doing.  He suddenly stopped and asked,


"Is my cape blowing?!"

UH, no.

He wanted to play games but Santa's elves had wrapping to do so we passed on the fun and, instead, sipped wine and wrapped gifts.

FINALLY, everything was done.


I went to bed very early Christmas morning.  I slept maybe 3 hours before I felt Hubbs tossing and turning.  He flopped around so much I was just about to slap him when he jumped up and announced that he couldn't do it anymore; it was time to start the day.  He went in Munch's room and she had been up for over an hour but, being a good girl, she just laid in bed watching Disney with her Grandma Judy - love her :)

We unwrapped gifts and I snuck away to start breakfast.  The food was delayed by an hour but it worked out well because we continued unwrapping gifts.

Also, while the food was cooking, Dad and Hubbs left for Fedex to pick-up my parents' gifts for Munch.  They bought her a new American Girl doll and lots of accessories.  Can you imagine Hubbs walking in the facility with his Super Man pjs to save the day?

You can't?  Well, here you go:


Yep.  Super Man.  Picking up a package.  In his jammies.

Shortly after they returned, we were ready to eat.


I glued 3 mini candy canes together to create mini stands for the food buffet labels.

Breakfast Casserole in ramekins.

The sausage balls with honey mustard sauce - yum!


Shrimp-n-grits (well, rice… because I bought oats instead of grits), donuts, bacon, sausage, eggs, mimosa mix in's, coffee and more.

Darren's plate.

After breakfast, Mom announced that she wanted to play some games.


She pulled a stack of puzzles out then announced that we would compete for a total of $450!!!

Round One - Couples

Mike and Ryan against Hubbs and I.  Mom handed each couple a 50-piece puzzle and announced the first team to complete the puzzle would win $100.

WE WON!

Round Two - The Ladies

We each received a 25-piece puzzle and competed for another $100.

I WON!

Round Three - The Fellas

The guys competed for $100.

MIKE WON.

Round Four - Couples

Each couple received a 60-piece puzzle map of the United States.  The first to complete their puzzle would win $150.

WE WON!

That's a total of $350 for us :)

After the final round, mom announced the annual family Phase10 competition would be later that evening.  We all took a break.  Nibbling on more food…

Napping…



Video Gaming…


Crafting...

Yes, crafting.  Don't act surprised.  It was hosted at my house.  We crafted.

I set-up a mug decorating station on the kitchen table.  I laid out kraft paper and used Sharpies to write instructions on the kraft paper.

1.  Choose your mug!

2.  Decorate your mug!



The kraft paper was a great "practice area" for mug designs.


Munch's mug turned out really nice!  Pop-Pop told her how to draw her tree and it turned out awesome!


While I was documenting the crafting, I noticed my branch arrangement on the drink station:


From Michael's, it has artificial water droplets and I LOVE them :)


Anyhoo, back to the crafting...

3. Bake on 300 degrees for 20 minutes to set your designs.

I placed each mug in a baggie with mini candy canes and hot chocolate.  Each guest left with their mug as a token of the day :)


We wrapped the night playing Phase10, watching movies and loving on one another.  It was truly a great day and this has been a wonderful holiday season for our family.

I pray you have taken time to enjoy the cheer this season brings!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.