Friday, August 5, 2016

Munch Turns 10: A Tropical Splish Splash Bash!

OMG! Life has been so upside down and right-side up that we are less than two weeks away from Munchface’s birthday party and I haven’t shared any details!  

Much like her room, Munch mentioned she wanted a pool party mid-summer and it was virtually impossible to find one in our area with her date available.  Just when I was about to give up, my fabulous mommy found a pool!  The local YMCA has a water park and she was able to reserve our date!  OMG! The party is on!
If you’ve been following me on Pinterest, you’ve probably seen my tropical party pins (they’re really cool!  Follow along here).  In addition to a pool party, Munch has been obsessed with the tropics.  Remember the sneak peek of her new room awhile back?



Well, what can I say? As the founder of my own little e-island (thanks for visiting BTW), I love a good tropical party.  Like, looooove it.  I’ve spent the last few days pulling together ideas and I’ve come up with an inspiration board to capture my [last minute] plans:


Because this event will be hosted at a public pool, we are limited in our décor options.  We have a reservation for one of the pavilions so I’m focusing on the guest tables.  I’m only allotted 30 minutes for set-up so, I have to keep things as simple as possible!

As you can see from the inspiration, I have a black, white and 'tropic' color scheme.  I use tropic to say it's primarily flamingo pink, pineapple yellow, and leaf green.  My plan is to use the stripes to anchor the crazy colors.  Something about black and white stripes is chic and timeless.  I know it sounds like a lot (stripes, leaves, flamingos, pineapples, etc.) but I’m certain we can make it work.  I designed the invite and I love how it turned out!  Isn't it cute?



Stay tuned for more!

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.