Southern Sippin' Bug Free!
Yes, it's another tutorial from the fabulous Southern Charm tea party...
We hosted the tea party bridal shower OUTDOORS... Unsure of the bug situation and refusing to change my vision for fabulous little mason jar drinks, I set out to find an affordable solution. Here's what I came up with:
I purchased several yards of white tulle for one of our games (wrap-up post coming soon, pinky promise) and used 1 yard for the following project:
Easy Mason Jar Covers Tutorial
- Mason Jars with lids (sold for less than $10/dozen at Wal-Mart)
- 1 yard of Tulle
1. Lay your tulle out on a flat surface.
2. Remove 1 lid from the mason jar. Place 1/2" from corner of tulle.
3. Cut around the top (square or circle shape). *Be sure to account for the side of the lid.
4. Remove the canning (metal circle) center from the rim of the Mason jar top.
5. Replace with the tulle
6. Use your scissors to poke a small hole through the tulle.
7. Insert straw
The best part of this topper is that you can refill your jar without removing the top; the juice flows right through the tulle! I ordered paper straws like these for the event:
(they didn't come in time for the party) but these jars were still a FABULOUS addition to the event! Some guests even asked to take their jar home!