Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful.

Turkey Bow I made for Munchface's Thanksgiving outfit.

Thankful.  Grateful.  Blessed.  Me.

I am amazed at how great my life is. I have a good job, great friends, an awesome family, and this little island to visit whenever I want. 

In case you haven't seen me with my handy dandy notebook, I'm a list person.  You know that person who has a LIST of tasks, a LIST of things to buy, a LIST of things I want, a LIST of dream things for the home... A LIST-FOR-EVERYTHING PERSON... Yes, that's me.

I find that writing things down makes me feel more accountable to actually get them done (even when I've already completed them).  It's also a great way to track what I do day-to-day, nag remind my hubby of the Saturday projects, and keep my busy life on track (not to mention, the AMAZING feeling I get for every item I cross out).
For thanksgiving, I'm creating a list of things I never THINK anything of but I know my life would not be the same without:
  • The smile on Munchface's face when I don't want to open my eyes on Saturday mornings at 7AM - it reminds me to have joy every morning.
  • Family dances - they remind me that no night-out compares to a night-in with my family.

  • The smell of dinner cooking - it reminds me to be thankful for another meal.

  • The memories of family members and people I will never see again - they remind me to cherish today.

  • The early morning commute to work - though much shorter than a few months ago, it reminds me to be thankful for a job.

    
    My besties from work and I.
    
  • My long days and short nights - they remind to live a full life.

    Catching a nap after my bday party a while back.
  • Kisses on the forehead when Hubby comes home and seeing that he still carries a love note I wrote 9 years ago in his wallet - the kisses and note remind me to stay connected and ever-thankful for a successful (not meaning he doesn't get on my nerves) marriage.


My family is far from perfect. My house is far from spotless. My legacy is far from honorable. My life is far from memorable... But I'm thankful to still have my todays and my tomorrows to strive. To thrive. To work towards a better me.


Life's bumps and bruises are evidence of a well-lived life!  What are you thankful for?

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.