Thursday, August 30, 2012

Spreading the Bloglovin'




Who's feeling fancy?  This girl.

I am just SO excited to co-host a Bloglovin' Blog Hop with Barb from Second Chance to Dream, Jacqueline from The Detox Diva, Jenny from The NY Melrose Family, Kimberly from Here's What I Think About That, Jennifer and Nicki from Practically Perfect Princess, Stephanie from The Slogans, Ang from Juggling Act Mama, Niki from Glossy Blonde and Jaime from Mom's Test Kitchen for the month of August. 

What's Bloglovin' you ask? Well, only the greatest way to keep track of the blogs that you love. With the discontinuation of Google Friends Connect (GFC) for non-blogger blogs like myself, I decided that I needed to find another way to keep up with all of my favorite blogs that are not hosted by blogger. I stumbled upon Bloglovin' and I am in love! It is very similar to Google Reader, in that you can see the beginning of the post and the first picture attached to the post. Plus, Bloglovin' automatically updates your posts. Another added bonus is there is a Bloglovin' application for IPhone and Android devices. Woohoo! Like I don't spend enough time reading blogs. Now it's a simple touch. Love it! In order to participate in this hop, you need to have Bloglovin set up for your blog. You can find a super easy tutorial here. I promise it'll take you less than 10 minutes and you'll thank me down the road.

There’s only a couple of rules:

1. Please follow your host – The NY Melrose Family and your co-hosts Second Chance to Dream, The Detox Diva, Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island, Here's What I Think About That, Practically Perfect Princess, The Slogans, Juggling Act Mama, Glossy Blonde and Mom's Test Kitchen (they are the 1st ten blogs linked)

2. You MUST link up your Bloglovin' url to participate 

3. Post our button for the blog hop on your page to promote the fun. You can grab the button from my sidebar. The more the merrier so shout outs about the party on Twitter or Facebook would be greatly appreciated.

If you're interested in co-hosting next month shoot Jenny an email at russej10{at}gmail{dot}com. She also has some sponsor spots still available for September, which you can find here

Alright, so let's have some fun and mingle! Please remember to ONLY link up your Bloglovin URL.

Cheers to making new friends!
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. So fun that you're co-hosting :) New follower and I love your greeting about this being your sanctuary...I feel that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via Bloglovin. Thank you for co-hosting.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.