Thursday, September 13, 2012

Doll Bakery Party - The Favors

Yesterday, we talked about the party table.  Today, let's talk about the favors.


Doll Favors

I made no-sew aprons for the dolls.  First, I purchased 3 sheets of pink felt and cut them in quarters; they were the perfect size for the dolls! I glued ribbon around the top, a small felt square for a pocket, and embellishments.  In about 20 minutes, I had 6 aprons:


I found mini boxes for less than $1/each at Michael's and the tiny favor boxes were perfect additions to the doll table settings.



I made tiny tags, used mini paper clips and baker's twine to tie it up fabulously!


Craft Aprons

I ordered personalized aprons from Oriental Trading and, despite my reservations, they did not disappoint!



Get this - they're craft aprons and those "pleats" at the bottom actually hold individual crayons! 

I purchased bakery boxes and folded the aprons so the names were facing out.  Aren't they cute? 


The tags were double layered - on the bottom, the chevron digital paper and, on top, just some Microsoft Word tags I made.  Yes, I'm feeling sham-wow amazing and I will show you how to do it too (just not today)!

In addition to the aprons, the girls left with cookies they decorated, bead jewelry they made and chef hats:


I just LOVE how everything turned out and how the girls will have favors they can enjoy for years to come!

Let's talk the party's sweets tomorrow shall we?

Great.

See you then!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.