Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Wrap-Up 2013

Howdy, Islanders!
 
I hope your Thanksgiving was an awesome time surrounded by those who care about you.  My holiday was great!  We spent the day with family and ate lots of amazing food while playing some fun family games.  Family time is the best!
 
I was so excited to finally rock my Giuseppe Zanotti Cheetah boots.  I just love them:
 
 
I also loved the leather elbow patches on my shirt... Cheetah?  Elbow patches?  Seriously?!  Heaven.
 
Anyhoo...
 
Hubbs and I woke to the sweetest card from Munch Thanksgiving morning.  She usually wakes up before we do but on this particular day, she remained quietly in her room and decided to make us a sweet card.
 
 
"Happy Thanksgiving Mom and Dad.  I am thankful for my home and my mom and dad."
 
LOVE her.
 
After a quick breakfast, we took a family cleaning day around the house before we headed to my mom and dad's home for dinner.  Although we weren't home for dinner, my kitchen table was set for guests - I love how the place settings turned out:
 
 
Every year, we bring a few dishes for Thanksgiving dinner.  Brian made his yummy banana pudding and I made the ham...  I was also in charge of providing supplies for the kids to craft.  They spread out in the kitchen while the adults enjoyed grown-up drinks and a game of Phase10 (for money... it goes down when there's money on the table, lol).
 
 
I tried to get a decent pic of me with the kids but that just was not going to happen:
 
 
 
 
Clearly.
 
 
Mom had the house decorated really nicely.  She went all out with the good table linen and pretty china...  I agreed to help with the dessert table - bringing linen a simple sign.  Typing that just now really made it seem like I was doing the most BUT the sign was so easy and turned out really nice:
 
 
We played Phase10 into the night and crashed at my parents' home.  It was such a lovely night :)
 
I enjoyed the giggles and fun with family.  The food was delicious, the kids were adorable but the time with my loved ones is what made the holiday worthwhile.
 
Just another reminder that I have so much to be thankful for :)
 
I've got lots to update you on so come back tomorrow!
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.