Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thrifty Thursday: A New Mirror

Howdy, Islander!

I'll get right to it.  I have a thrifty secret.  I've got another place I go to purchase items at a discount and it's in my local area. I also am pretty certain there is a place in your area specifically designed for you to enjoy fabulous finds on a frugalista's budget too.

Facebook.

Yep.  Facebook.  Would you believe there are more than 20 pages dedicated to yard sales, bartering, sales, mommy swap pages, local thrift stores and MORE in MY area.  I have purchased a few items and during my scrolling on one yard sale page today, I saw an item that caught my eye.

A mirror.  Now, I didn't know where it would hang but I knew I wanted it and its $10 price wasn't going to turn me away!

I arrived, paid and went on my merry way.  Nuke hates when we leave but, when we returned with the mirror, he seemed to forgive me.



Even HE likes it... A lot. I flipped it over to see its label.  Islanders, it was labeled as an authentic Carver Guild piece.  Do you know the price of those mirrors?


Talk about a deal, right? I have plans to use this piece to create a pretty area in Munchface's Paris-themed room.  Can't wait!

Happy Thrifty Thursday!

Have you found any good deals lately? Do share in the comments!

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.