Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Weekend Rewind

I haven't seen you since last year, islanders!  I've been super busy and super sick the last week!  I owe you a huge update and today, I'm serving it up!



Now, I know everyone ELSE is posting New Year's resolutions.  I'm taking my time to develop my theme and life changes carefully. I want it to have purpose and meaning... It'll be a day or so before I actually share. In the meanwhile, however, shall we perform our annual Christmas rewind? 



Saturday, December 22nd



My sweet brother-in-law's cute little family came into town to celebrate my baby-in-law's (or nephew, for you normal people) first birthday.  Sis-in-law asked for my help coming up with the activities, the favors and the cakes.  I used photos to hold balloons in place, we played pin the candle on the cupcake and blasted Yo! Gabba Gabba songs.  The biggest hit of the party for the kids, however, was the adorable ornament decorating station.  All in all, it was a cute party full of fun.  Here are the pics:








Sunday, December 23rd



Immediately following service, my church hosted a fabulous little Christmas party.  My mom was the lead for the event and I helped decorate and set-up.  It was a lot of fun and there was a lot of food!  Check out the pics:












YES, Santa stopped by to read a story and take pics!









After service, Grandma Lisa (my mommy), Pop-Pop (my daddy), Uncle Dave (my bro), Hubbs, Munch  and I piled into the car and headed to Ft. Lee to celebrate Juni's 7th birthday.  Juni's mom, Nena, has been my dear friend since middle school and my family wouldn't miss the opportunity to spend time with them. 



We listened to the Redskins-Eagles game on the way down.  My mom is a HUGE Redskins fan and Hubbs is a Philly fan.  It was a FUN ride!




Nena had a very yummy European menu consisting of Juni's favorites!  There were mussels and rolls, a fresh snap pea salad and Nena's homemade alfredo.  EVERYTHING was delicious!  



Munch's first time trying mussels...She wasn't a fan.
Munch said grace!


My favorite part was actually, the Gilly-bean cheeks.  That little girl is just yummy... and NOT just because she looks like me :)





Nena made an awesome cake for Juni and the Power Ranger cookie topper - delish!



Front yard decor. 
Nena's Dr. Seuss themed tree! I love how she used pipe cleaners to create the curved top! 

One of my favorite parts was meeting their Elf on the Shelf, Eddy.  He wrapped Juni a really nice birthday gift:





Then, of course, it turned into a streamer party:










O and would it be a trip to Juni's if Hubbs didn't wind up wrestling with the kids? I mean, would it?!






It's always a party when there's good food and family!  We piled in the car, returned home and spent the remainder of the evening prepping for Christmas.  Maybe because I was running on egg nog and cheer, I didn't realize just how much we did in a matter of 2 days.  I'm tired just thinking about it.  Join me tomorrow to talk about Christmas... I know it's late but so what! Who doesn't enjoy a little Christmas spirit any time of the year?



Don't worry, I won't take down my decor until AFTER the Christmas post :)



Photobucket

3 comments

  1. It looks like you had a fabulous holiday. I can't believe how big she is getting. So fun! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time. Love the ornament decorating station. Too cute...and the POMS! Next time, I might need you to mail me a slice of each cake. Its only fair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a awesome time glad the family could join in the festivities!!!- Nena

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.