Friday, January 25, 2013

Made In Paris - The Guestbook.

Yesterday, we discussed the gallery and I told you I used butterfly punches to unify the decor...


I found the butterfly paper punch at Michael's.  It's a Martha Stewart paper punch and I love it.  It really brought that extra something to the shower in more ways than one!

La Patisserie


I placed a cluster of butterfly punches on the awning for dimension and movement... I then added some butterflies to the frames

The Gallery


The butterflies tied it together and broke up the large white space behind the photos.

The Guest book


I'm sure you've seen the paper punch artwork around blog land.  You haven't?  Well, here's an example:
I thought it would be cute to use pink butterfly punches as a guest book that would turn into a piece of nursery decor!

Each guest signed a butterfly...




At the end of the shower, I took a few minutes and hot glued them to the frame.  The frame made it into the nursery, the scrapbook paper will be replaced with baby's picture and Sheena's asked that I provide more paper punches for all of baby's visitors to sign when they come to visit!

Just another example of using small details to have a larger impact! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.