Friday, February 27, 2015

9 - A Party and A Room Design Part 1

It's been a long time , Islanders.  I was snowed-in then I was sick. I've had a death in the family and I've embarked on a new journey accepting some new clients and finalizing some personal goals of mine.  Today, as a matter of fact, is a snow day.  I'm home with these two people who know how to work my nerves unlike anyone else I've ever come in contact with.  Don't worry about me, I'm fine.  It's their safety that's in question, lol.

The past two Wordless Wednesday posts have been teasers.

First, there was Munch's birthday clue:


Did you figure it out?

Munch has become obsessed with all things Paris.  We had our annual birthday discussion right after Valentine's Day (6 months out as usual) and Munch said she would like to have (and I quote), "a spa party... a Paris spa party!  *Like* with pink, black and white!"

As we've discussed a number of times before, I feel like she tries to give me a challenge every year.  I've hosted events with each of those themes before but to combine them?  I thought it was too much going on but I figured it out... a SPA-LA-LA party!  Get it?! Like Ooh la la?!  I pulled inspiration for both Paris- and spa-themed events.  The combination will be magical!


Munchface is into all things beauty.  She wears perfume everyday, she LOVES to paint her nails and loves the idea of makeup.  She can't wait for her guests to enjoy facials, manicures and makeup.  We're going to have a photoshoot for each girl to use as thank you cards.  Party crafts will include decorating a beret (in lieu of party hats), making their own glitter lotion and making a pair of spa ribbon flip flops.

The party will be contained to the dining room, living room (photos) and foyer.  The foyer will be lined with chairs and soaking foot tubs, the entryway draped with "curtains," umbrellas hanging from the dining room ceiling, with a canvas accent wall, homemade paris-inspired street lamps and more!

It's going to be a tres chic party and I'll be sure to share the exclusive deets as things comes together!  Munch's excitement is contagious so I'm excited too!


Oh! Wait.  There's more...  Tune in tomorrow to hear how all of this relates to Munch's big girl room!

Photobucket

1 comment

  1. Goodness, she is so sophisticated! I love her choice of theme/colors. Can't wait to see how it all comes together. :)

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.