Friday, February 13, 2015

Preppin' for Valentine's Day

Howdy, Islanders!

I have been quiet lately and that, as you probably guessed, means I've been getting things done.  I've accepted some clients who require new services and support.  More on that later... I've also been checking things off my house list.  I updated the entryway:



Yes, I finally hung mirrors from my summer shopping trips.  As much as I like it, I believe this is a temporary solution until I find (or make) an entry table.  This area will serve as a landing zone for guests.  Eventually, a small table with a lamp and two small ottomans underneath will abide there.  Did I even mention how I want to paint the stair risers white and this wall white as well?  Well, I do.  Yep.  I'm very excited but I'm enjoying the process.  As a matter of fact, that picture up there is my reminder to enjoy the process.

Anyhoo, with Valentine's day tomorrow, I designed some Valentine's labels for my little, DatMyHoney.


Sheena gave each classmate their very own pair of heart-shaped shades and I designed it based on Sheena's specs.  I just love the lashes on the letter -e.  Aren't they cute?


I stole the above pic from Sheena.  Apparently, DatMyHoney tried on every pair of shades, stuffed the bags and left Mommy to finish the hard work, lol.

Munch's Valentine's turned out super cute too.


We wrapped Mentos packs with yellow paper and glued Hershey's kisses as pencil points.  Do you remember the cute labels I designed?


Munch liked them.  She wanted, however, to make our own labels.  So, we pulled out the paper punches, markers and ribbons and came up with a design that worked for the vision Munch had in mind.  Not to mention, these class valentines coordinated perfectly with the adorable gift Munch chose for her teacher:


Cute, right?  Munch didn't want to buy a card because she wanted to make one instead.  Check out her original design.  Isn't it cute:


"Thank you for helping me with reading.  You're my one and only favorite teacher ever!  #1 Teacher.  Best teacher ever!"

It's amazing what she can do with paper punches, scrap paper and a pencil.

I hope your Valentine's weekend is FABULOUS and that you take time to send a quick 'I love you' to someone who may need to hear it.

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.