Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Minecraft Party - Pin-the-Tail

Hey, Islanders!

I know you could probably sense my 'tude Sunday when I posted about our water heater issue(s). Well, after an afternoon at the beach and some QT with these girls:





... I'm feeling much better.  Thanks Devona for giving me a break and Sheena for joining the fun!


We were there for a few hours and it was good to take time to relax (I was pretty tense).


Needless to say, a great Sunday afternoon and a motivating Maya Monday has positioned me to have a much better start to my week.  I'm officially ready to share some minor updates from the Minecraft party!  We'll have tutorials and such later this week :)

First up, the pin-the-tail game.



I used a pack of pink papers (various shades) to create the pig character from the game.  I cut a large square for the head.  Then I used 2 full-sized sheets for the body.  I then cut squares of white felt for the nose and eyes.  O and I cut tails from a pink "foam" sheet sold at Michael's for $1.

Here's how the "game pig" looks:



Here's how our 'pin-the-tail' pig looked:



I used two nails to adhere the board to the tree. The tails, marker and tape were nailed behind the board.  This game was affordable, theme-appropriate and easy to create!

I can't wait to share the other projects; this party was loads of fun!

Stay tuned!

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.