Monday, June 2, 2014

Maya Mondays - Inspiration Shared

With the passing of one of my favorite poets and authors, Maya Angelou, I'm starting a new series on the island.  See, Maya Angelou is acclaimed for her classic works but she was one of my favorite people because of her candid responses.  I LOVED to watch her interview.  She was poised and confident.  She answered every question without falter... almost as if she knew what life would throw at her before it came.  She was full of amazing one-liners... tidbits of life mantras.  Shoot, she inspired me to hone my writing and speaking skills... to find my blog voice (one that's casual, genuine and conversational without compromising myself or my message).


Her death reminds me to continue to work on my craft... to seek His face in all I do.  Like Angelou, I want to remain true to myself, to my God and to the power of uplifting others...  as she was, I hope to be RELEVANT until I leave this Earth.

All that said, many folks don't realize just how many of our everyday quotes and sayings come from Maya Angelou.  This new series, Maya Mondays, will provide us all with weekly inspiration... It will become a source of POWER-filled words to live by.  It will jumpstart our week and remind us of what's important.  I hope you enjoy!  I also hope you'll get to know a little more about one of my fave people :)

Let's kick it off, shall we?

 
Cheers to a SUCCESSFUL week continuing the construction of a SUCCESSFUL you!
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.