Monday, June 1, 2015

Maya Mondays - Year 1.



Last Thursday, May 28, marked one year since Maya Angelou passed away.  I started this series on June 2, 2014 and, every Monday since, I've shared quotes from one of my favorite writers.  You can read where the series all began here and you can check out all of the posts here.  This is the longest running series on the blog and I've really enjoyed sharing some awesome one-liners with you... so much so, that I'm thinking we might keep it going.  Who knows?  We may incorporate quotes or snippets from other classic authors and works (Hemingway, Du Bois, Hurston... anyone?).


The greatest thing about Maya Mondays has been finding and sharing these gems with others.  This series has been motivating and inspiring but also encouraging and real.

HAPPY MAYA MONDAY!

This series may become a fixture here on the island; I hope you've enjoyed it!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.