Tuesday, December 12, 2017

The Pup.

After my experience with the puppies at the dog show, we started to discuss the possibility to, and my willingness to, purchase a new furbaby.  When Nuke died, I felt no dog would ever fill the void; I told myself there would be no point trying with another dog.  I decided a dog wasn't in my future.

Yet, here I was... considering another dog.  To think, it all started with a snuggle.  A former co-worker contacted me to say his dog was expecting puppies.  Get this. They were the same breed and would most likely be the same color/look as Nuke.

Be still my heart!  What are the frikkin' odds?

Randomly on Thanksgiving, Hubbs received a phone call from a friend... the same friend who got us access to the dog show.  He had a litter weeks prior, scheduled a delivery of a puppy to its new home in the same city where we live.  He offered to bring a puppy to us and sent us a pic of one that was still available.  The pup was beautiful.

While everyone else was Black Friday shopping, we were shopping for our furbaby on the way.  Later that night, we drove to the airport and we picked up our new family member.  We hurried home and started to settle into a new groove.  We had several name options but, until we chose, he was Puppy NoName.  The list of names included:

Toogie (pronounced 2G)
Diesel
Pumbaa
Otto
Nas

It took a few days.  It took a few rounds of voting.  It took eye rolls.  It took a lot.  We voted and narrowed the names down to two:

Diesel and Nas

We balled the small pieces of paper up and placed them on the floor with a treat by each one.  We let Puppy NoName choose.  If you follow me on Instagram, you already saw the process, saw his face and you already know his name...  Stay tuned for his formal Island introduction tomorrow!




Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.