Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Day 1 - The Intro.

 
I love our home.  I really do.
 
Yesterday, I provided you with an overview for what this year's 31 days of change will mean for the island.  Today, I want to give you a heads up for some projects and updates you're in store for:
 
- Kitchen: pantry storage solutions, recipes, salvaging fresh produce, tips for saving on groceries
 
- Laundry Room:  organizational tips and tricks from a recovering laundr-o-phobe :)
 
- Big Girl Room: Updates and thrifty finds that will pull it together
 
- Linen Closet: storage ideas and solutions
 
- Master Bedroom: DIY artwork, vanity organization and decorative storage
 
- Basement: working with what we've got to decorate
 
I'll also cover easy and affordable Fall décor.
 
I know it sounds like a lot and I could narrow my focus to be on a specific topic (i.e. creative storage solutions, thrift shopping for cheap and chic, decorating on a budget, etc.) but I've decided to broaden the scope in an effort to have a larger impact on my home.
 
If you don't blog but would like to make your home a better place, start by tackling 1 small project everyday this month.
 
My theme is a commitment to make what we have even better.  First up?
 
My garbage disposal.  Bleh.
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.