Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 21 - Affordable Halloween Decor Part2


Let's be honest, ok?!

 

I have a kid-friendly home... to a certain extent.
 
I like to limit the tacky décor to a certain area of our home and I usually don't play with that rule of thumb. 
 
Then, we got a new pretty house and I wanted to get all festive.
 
SERIOUSLY?!
 
Can you believe that I even made a centerpiece for the formal dining room?
 
 
I found the wire basket at the thrift store for $3.  It holds 3 pillar candles and is perfect for the yummy Walmart candles I picked up. You know how I love Walmart candles (remember?). 
 
 
I used some of the same vase filler from our usual arrangement to fill the centerpiece.  In the spirit of Halloween, I also incorporated some sparkle skulls and pumpkins.


 
I know.  It's got a level of tackiness about it BUT at night... when the lights are off... and I squint just so:
 
 
It really feels warm and cozy.
 
As if the dining room wasn't enough, the décor spread into the kitchen with this little display:
 
 
It's perfect for a party treat display but we just use it to hold our fruit.  It's cute and different and...

 
... IT WAS A STEAL PRICED AT ONLY $3.90 from the thrift store!! I know what you're thinking and, no, I didn't stop there!

More to come :)
 
Photobucket

1 comment

  1. Very festive looking :) makes it look all warm and cozy

    ReplyDelete

Minnie Mouse First Birthday Party

Islanders, the day had finally come to celebrate my sweet god baby turning one.  Hosted from Melina's parents' home, the party was b...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.