Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 14 - Holidays in the Home

Now that we're pretty-much settled in the new home - ya know, with everything unpacked and with each room's purpose defined - I'm ready to enjoy our home.  I am excited to celebrate upcoming holidays and seasons.  Islanders, something about the smells, décor and traditions of holidays just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
 
Don't give me that look.  I'm serious.  Pumpkin spiced lattes, hellloooooo! 
 
I've mentioned our Halloween décor before (here).  Here are some reminder photos from last year:
 


 
Well, I'm excited to announce that I've added a few fall-specific items to our little collection.  I really need to buckle down and hang them up!
 
I don't know why I procrastinate decorating every year, lol.  I love holiday décor; I really do!  My neighbor has a Halloween Wonderland in their front yard.  I'm talking purple lights, inflatable characters, scarecrows and more... It's a lot.  Definitely more than I would ever consider for my front yard BUT I hear Munchface squeal with excitement every time we drive by.  Her joy is contagious... Heck, now I get excited when I drive by. 
 
Islanders, that's what I've learned to appreciate most about experiencing holidays from a child's perspective as parent.  My child reminds me that holidays are fun.  The tackiest  house décor (in my snobby everything-should-be-tasteful-and-fab opinion) is what little ones enjoy most.
 
 
My home won't ever look like the photo above so don't go getting all excited... UH-UH.  Not up over here...  I am learning that home is supposed to be fun.  My home is supposed to appeal to my family.  I will make a better effort to incorporate the magic of holidays into our décor, huh?
 
UGH, I guess this means I better get working on the Halloween décor ASAP, huh?!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.