Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Intermittent Connectivity

Hi, islanders!  Guess what? I've come to a bittersweet realization...

My blog became a nagging reminder that I was being lazy... I put pressure on myself to meet some imaginary blog standard.  Seriously, I was *like* required to CONSTANTLY be baking, making, moving and shaking.  Well, I have some good? bad? NEWS.  This summer, I'm taking time to spend with my family. 

You know this whole Kindergarten thing has taken its toll on me.  I realize my summers are limited before she's a grown-up. Matter of fact, I have 12 left.

12 summers.

12 opportunities to plan for us to spend pretty weather months.

12 more.

That's it?

O GOODNESS. Don't make me cry again!

So, I'm tasking myself with figuring out how to schedule posts in advance and with blogging more about my life and family.  I'm going to eliminate the pressure to always have a tip, a trick and a how-to (although, we might have 1 or 2 a week).  While I love the fun of creating, I don't want to feel like I have to do what I love.  Plus, I found myself feeling bad for telling you guys about me and mine.  I've decided to remember this is my blog.  Visitors can feel free to search or click through my archives for great tutorials and tips but TODAY?!

I challenge you to step away from the cell phone, the computer, the TV, the *whatever is your distraction* and enjoy your loved ones!  Sometimes it's good to DISCONNECT from technology and RECONNECT with family.

Happy summer time!

How are you spending these warm months?

Photobucket


Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.