Tuesday, March 18, 2014

40th Birthday Party Themes

Howdy, Islanders.
 
I shared bits of my event planner life yesterday... Today, though I'm better, I still feel as if my brain is spinning in several directions!  Sharing these events with you, my beloved islanders, helps me think through my plans and projects... just another means to bring some stability to my life.  Thanks, guys!
 
Today, we're talking about the 40th birthday.  I received a phone call late last week that a former co-worker would like to hire me to help her host her FIRST birthday party ever.  She's never had an event in her honor and I'm honored that she thought enough of my work to hire me!
 
Ok, so.  In our conversation, her only requirement was that the event served as a nod to New Orleans, her home town.  She mentioned a fabulous DC restaurant and I came up with three themes for her to choose from.  Check them out:
 
 
A Nod to New Orleans Theme
 
A very classy nod to the elements of her hometown she's come to know and love.
 Highlights for this theme include a muted version of the traditional Mardi Gras color scheme (purple, gold, green), praline (a popular NOLA dessert) favors in gold sparkle boxes with large satin ribbon bows, centerpieces with popular NOLA sayings, signs, and symbols.  The best part?  I've got a ton of ideas to incorporate beads into décor.
 
A Marvelous Masquerade
 
A jewel-tone masquerade dinner serves as the perfect blend of fun and classy.
 Highlights of this theme are the bright colors and the tablescape.  For the tables, I'm planning to surround bold centerpieces with lots of rose petals and jewel-toned votive candles.  Each place setting will have a bold linen napkin wrapped with hand-made gold beaded rings and gold glitter masks.  Above, you can see the cake pops designed to fit the theme with shimmer and feather.  O and I LOVE the bold colors of that cake.  Imagine if it were topped with a gold mask!
 
Forty and Fly
 
This theme pulls colors from the peacock feather to create a beautiful and unique event.
The colors for this event are apple green, turquoise and royal blue with pops of deep purple.  In addition to using the bright feathers as accents every where (napkin rings, centerpieces, cake, printables, etc.), how cool are the cookies (lower left on the photo above)?  I would use them as favors to bring it all together.
 
In addition to these boards, I sent a planning document with a general breakdown for each event, options of venues (with price estimates and contacts) to host the dinner, potential invitation and save-the-date options and more.
 
I love all of the themes above. I believe all of them will provide my client with the wow factor she's looking for.  Don't worry!  I will be sure to share her decision! 
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.