On a recent night, Munchface asked to help with dinner. I planned to make salmon but, with her offer to help, I had to jazz up the recipe.
So, the salmon kabob was made :)
- Lemon (thinly sliced)
- Bell Pepper (color of your choice)
- Onion (of your choice)
1. Cut the salmon, pepper and onion in medium chunks (to ensure it slides on the kabob without breaking)
2. Season your salmon to taste. Munch used Old Bay and black pepper before squeezing a little lemon juice over the salmon:
I don't like to overly season seafood because we prefer the fresh flavors. Munch told me to get a picture because she did such a good job seasoning:
3. Slide the ingredients on the kabobs.
4. Grill for 2-4 minutes on each side.
It only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish! My only recommendation is that you start to cook the sides beforehand. I served our kabobs with sweet potatoes and a salad but we had to wait a few minutes until our sweet potatoes were ready... seemed like the longest minutes of my life, lol.
Oh, and guess what. These babies are filling! I'm talkin' Hubbs was full after only two KABOBS! He took the other two to work for lunch the next day and called to inform me that they were still delish :)
If you're looking for a filling remix to how you prepare your salmon, try this recipe!