Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby & Co - The Shower.


Islanders, after yesterday's awkward moment, I'm happy to report that I pulled my big girl undies all the way up to my chin and spent 2.5 hours setting up for the most awkward shower of my career.

I had to realize that this was my opportunity to do exactly what it is I enjoy about event planning - using my talent for a loving purpose.

 
Admittedly, I don't like my bff's ex.  I just don't. I also can't say I'm at a point where I want to be nice to him...
 
BUT
 
As I stated to myself during my internal pep talk, this wasn't about me.  It wasn't about the ex.  It was about me using my gift so others would see Him in me.
 
I tasted blood when I bit my tongue, I unloaded my car and I carried the boxes around back mumbling under my breath.
 
When I got in my element, I was able to stop giving her ex the side eye and start making the space look great.  Just check out how it all turned out.  The pictures speak for themselves:
 
Clothesline Guest Book:
 

 
I designed the onesies myself (I'll share the tutorial soon).  I used an old treats container (of striped wafer sticks purchased from the dollar store), ribbon and fabric markers to create the cute little guest book area.
 
 
Adjacent to the guest book area was the gift table.  It had a cute diaper cake... I placed it on a cake server to add height.
 

 
Sweets Table:
 
 
I loved the sweets!! Mini parfait cupcakes:
 
 
Candy:
 
 
Custom sugar cookies:
 
 


 
 
 
Drinks:

 
Favors:

 
Custom cupcakes:
 
 
 
 
The Pinwheel Banner:
 
Giant Tiffany Boxes:

 
I had already broken the girl code so NO, I didn't stay for the shower. I did my good deed and left.
 
Baby Skye had a FABULOUS Skye & Co shower though, didn't she?!
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.