Thursday, July 4, 2013

Georgia Bound!

Happy Independence Day!
To celebrate, our family is heading to Columbus, Georgia!! 
The peach, my favorite landmark for the journey to GA.
I love seeing my mom's side of the family.  I didn't share our last trip in December with you...  My PawPaw had surgery so we rushed down to be by his side.  Despite the circumstances, it was a great time with family.
To keep Munch occupied while we were on the road, I bought a cool travel-sized Guess Who? game.  It's one of my favorite childhood games.

Finally, around 10 pm, we made it to see my sweet PawPaw.  Isn't he handsome?
I have so many childhood memories in his home.  As a matter of fact, one of the more prominent is of the awesome collection of refrigerator magnets: 


I truly believe that they have been in the same spots for 25+ years, lol.

After our visit, we headed back to the hotel.  We usually stay with family but it was the middle of the work week and sometimes, it's less of a burden for us to have our own space. 

Another benefit? Munch was able to burn some energy taking her doll for stroller walks:





Did you notice Munch wore her first single pony tail during that visit?  I mean, we've worn a bun but a pony tail?! With our ends out?  NEVER!

 

Sweater: Target Boots: Crazy8 Glasses: eBay

We were SO excited about it!


Another GA tradition is to stop by Krystals.  It's just something we have to do.

We went thrift shopping.

I got a cute hat:


We had our family brunch.  It's a given that when we visit, we head to my Aunt Terri's for brunch; she throws DOWN!  It's a spread fit for royalty.

My uncle Greg had us all cracking up!
I got to enjoy time with my cousins' little ones.  It is crazy to see how the grandkids are starting to have kids.


I even coordinated a sibling pic.  It started with the two younger girls wiggling.

They tried to figure out how they'd stand.

It took a minute:

When I thought they had it, Uncle Bob said, "wait, make sure my brotha straight. You know he special, man." 

Again, my mommy couldn't stop laughing.  She was having WAY too much fun.

I wanted a pic with just the girls.  My Aunt Terri said she was going to do her Lisa (my mommy) smile.

*click* 

LOL! HILARIOUS.

My not-so-baby cousin (right) is almost as tall as Dave (left):

Munchface just loves rolling around in the dirt with her cousins.  Even when we're trying to pile into the cars.
I am so excited to have our typical good time surrounded by family! 

How are you spending the holiday? 

Feel free to share your plans in the comments.

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.