Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Fun Rescheduled

We made some awesome gifts for Munch's class:


It's a shame they will be given out AFTER the holiday.  

I know you're wondering about the Valentine's Play Date…  I shared my not-so-big plans here and I'm disappointed to report the play date was canceled due to weather and schedule conflicts.  I woke early to volunteer with our church's women's ministry.


One of our members, Maggie:

Chazzy and Maggie one Sunday after church.

 ... has been in a wheel chair for years and is scheduled to have knee surgery today, February 18.  Her only wish was to come home to a clean home.  She was frustrated that she couldn't clean in her pain.  Additionally, being in a wheel chair, she couldn't get to those hard to reach places. For years.

RLCC women to the rescue!


Anyhoo, it snowed AGAIN that day.  Chazzy wasn't in town.  I made it home later than I planned.  Things weren't set-up.  Food wasn't cooked.

I canceled.  Munch was bummed because she actually decorated the kitchen a little:


Not to fear, Jada came over to stay the night.  We baked brookies and the three of us made a total of 30 cards to combat elderly depression.

Of course, I snagged a pic:


I mailed the cards to our distribution center and I love that the girls still got a great lesson in the power of philanthropy.  Next year, we're going to have a fabulous little play date for our friends to join in on the fun!

No need to worry - we may have rescheduled the fun but the LOVE was still spread :)

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.