Friday, April 6, 2012

{Easter} Basket Case Part 2

I am always amazed when I hear someone say, "I check your blog," OR "I'm a subscriber!"  It's a pretty awesome feeling to know my imaginary friends have faces... I just thought I'd take a moment to thank my beloved islanders... As much as I'd like to feel like our little island is the blog world's best kept secret, the couple hundred site clicks I get everyday tell me otherwise.  

Far from BIG TIME but certainly a BIG DEAL!...In my head...

Speaking of awesome islanders, check out the Easter basket that one reader (and dear friend), J.lo Flow, ordered from walmart.com as a result of my post:


Isn't it adorable?!  I love how she filled it with baby goodies; I'm a sucker for non-candy baskets for children. You probably won't be able to get one in time for THIS Easter but they're on sale for $9.99 right now and you could purchase one for next year (or even the bumble bee or lady bug for halloween).

In other basket news, I'm so excited because our baskets from Personal Creations arrived!  

I'll post pics once Munch's wooden caddy's put together - that's Hubbs' job. 

I know what you're thinking and.... I know. I am confident that walmart.com's baskets were perfect BUT there was a Groupon deal where I paid $15 for $30 to spend; I couldn't resist!!  Here's my review:

PROs
- Groupon deal made it really affordable - LOVE
- Fast delivery (3 days)
- Good quality

CONs
- Personalization is not free (the site does not state it until checkout.  It was twice as much as I expected)
- Shipping cost (walmart.com offers free, or .99, shipping)
- Typical personalization inflated prices annoyed me. I wanted bunny hoodie for Munch and it was like $40!

All-in-all, I'm happy with the products... I just probably would have gone with Walmart if it weren't for the Groupon deal.   


I'll post the final basket contents on Saturday :)

What's in your basket? 

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.