Saturday, May 4, 2013

Unique and Affordable Mother's Day Gift

Do you remember those handmade gifts of Elementary school?  The ones you'd work on and have to keep a secret from the recipient?
 
For Mother's Day, Dad would take us to pick out a gift for Mom.  She would love the gifts that Dad would buy her but there was always something about us running back to our rooms to grab those little handmade gifts.  We would try our best to contain the yup-I-kept-this-a-secret grin but it was almost impossible. It never failed, Mom would cry when we gave her the wrinkled brown bags filled with projects we made. She was so grateful for those homemade cards with sloppy scribbles of love all over them.
 
As I've gotten older, I've tried to find ways to give my mom gifts that capture the same emotions of the handmade cards AND live up to my grown-up standards...
 
Remember my thank you gift from Sheena? Well, I still love my charm necklace and wear it often.
 


It's Mother's Day on May 12, 2013!!
 
What are you getting Mom?
 
Are you looking for a thoughtful, unique and affordable gift?  If so, check out the Origami Owl living locket!
 
You can choose from all types of charms and design a one-of-a-kind gift for your mom. 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
Hurry!  If you're looking to get a gift in time for Mother's Day, be sure to check out the shipping schedule!  You only have until Monday to order so get on it:
 
 
 
 
Stay tuned for some DIY gifts for mom later on this week...
 
O and don't think I've forgotten the Vegas updates.  I just can't negate that Mother's Day is a HUGE, MEGA, MONDO, YOU-BETTER-NOT-FORGET big deal :)
 
DISCLAIMER: I am NOT being compensated for my comments. This post is simply because I love my necklace and I know other moms would love a gift like this too...
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.