Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 26 - Host A Spooktacular Dinner



I've decided to host a fun family dinner party this weekend.  We'll decorate our family pumpkins, make a spooky dessert and have some holiday-themed food... 

I love cool food tricks as  much as the next person but SOME Halloween food freaks me out.  I can't do any of the following no matter how creative they are:

Yes, it's food; jell-o in a straw = earth worms.
 


The sight of those images makes my stomach turn... I couldn't eat them if I wanted to! So, for our family dinner, I'll keep it more CUTE than CREEPY.  Here's what I'll serve for dinner:

- Mummy Dogs (hot dogs wrapped in Croissants).  Yummy and EASY!


- Mummy mini pizzas (mini bagels with marinara sauce, cheese and 2 olive eyes).


- There's a Bug in my Salad (spinach salad with a gummy worm on the bowl for the bug).

For dessert, we will make monster fingers (we tried sugar cookies but they swell up to be too plump for witch fingers...). We just use pink icing nail polish for and Munch, the monster nail technician adds sprinkles nail designs.

Ours will be a girly version!
I know, it's nothing crazy... Just a little something to help us have family fun for any reason at all really :)

What are you going to do to make something so dark and creepy fun for your little one?

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.