Monday, June 10, 2013

Masquerade Shower: The Guest Book

I created a really easy guest book idea using paint chips. 

Yes, paint chips.

They're free.  They come in a variety of colors.  They are made of a heavy card stock and, did I already mention, THEY'RE FREE?!

I used my heart-shaped hole punch to create small hearts in color-coordinating shades:


Next up was the pen. 

I wanted the signature pen to make a statement so I added a big feather embellishment (hot glued to the bottom of the pen).  Then, I hot glued ribbon around the pen starting just under the pen's top (to prevent it from drying out).  I carefully wrapped the ribbon around the pen ensuring there were no spaces between.

Easy, right?

 

 For the guest book table, I used what I could find at Ms. Joy's house.  She had a tall candle stand with the small top for a pillar candle to sit.  I borrowed one of her pretty plates, placed some tape on the bottom and set it down on top of the candle stand.  To tie it in with the rest of the décor, I wrapped a boa around the top and it turned out great!

It provided an area for guests to sign right by the entrance but didn't take up nearly as much space as a table would've.  PERFECT!


After the hearts were signed, I created a small little frame for her to place in her office as a keepsake :)


If there were more hearts, I would've painted a tree and used the hearts (folded for a 3-d effect) as leaves similar to this one:


For more guest book ideas, check out the following posts:


Butterfly Guest Book (click here)



Bubble Board Guest Book (click here)


 Piggy Bank Guest Book (click here)


Feel to free to click around!  There's lots of things to see!! 
Photobucket

1 comment

  1. ;I Bolten DONATES $10,000,000 (Ten Million USD) to you, Contact Attr. S.Gates for acceptance via this email;( steph_gates @ aim .com )

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.