Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Day 18 - Affordable Holiday Decor


It's time to talk about my favorite thing *like* ever.  Holiday decor.  OMG OMG OMG!  

Are you as excited as I?

There's something about pulling out the decor box for each season and/or holiday... I adding some magic around our home.

I love seasonal decor.

I never grew up in a home with Halloween decor.  We were able to get candy and sure, we did go to various events (trunk or treats, parties, etc.) but my mom?  Put skulls and skeletons, ghosts and spiders up?  

Never.

Not a pumpkin.  Nope.

A witch? Nuh-uh.

The porch light would be turned on, candy would be inside of a big bowl but that was about it.

Quite different from my mom, I've embraced every opportunity to decorate our home with holiday decor.  I want my kid to enjoy life's parties and I've decided the party starts at home :)

Please note, however, that I refuse to pay retail for Halloween decor.  I mean, it's NOT Christmas, lol.  

Don't get all crazy on me...

Instead, however, I stock up at my local thrift and dollar stores.  Great finds and great prices!  Tune in tomorrow for the multi-post Halloween catch-up!


Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.