Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 21 - Affordable Halloween Decor Part2


Let's be honest, ok?!

 

I have a kid-friendly home... to a certain extent.
 
I like to limit the tacky décor to a certain area of our home and I usually don't play with that rule of thumb. 
 
Then, we got a new pretty house and I wanted to get all festive.
 
SERIOUSLY?!
 
Can you believe that I even made a centerpiece for the formal dining room?
 
 
I found the wire basket at the thrift store for $3.  It holds 3 pillar candles and is perfect for the yummy Walmart candles I picked up. You know how I love Walmart candles (remember?). 
 
 
I used some of the same vase filler from our usual arrangement to fill the centerpiece.  In the spirit of Halloween, I also incorporated some sparkle skulls and pumpkins.


 
I know.  It's got a level of tackiness about it BUT at night... when the lights are off... and I squint just so:
 
 
It really feels warm and cozy.
 
As if the dining room wasn't enough, the décor spread into the kitchen with this little display:
 
 
It's perfect for a party treat display but we just use it to hold our fruit.  It's cute and different and...

 
... IT WAS A STEAL PRICED AT ONLY $3.90 from the thrift store!! I know what you're thinking and, no, I didn't stop there!

More to come :)
 
Photobucket

1 comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.